Thursday, November 4, 2010

Real Wedding - Brad & Laura


Laura is a young woman of style and her notebook stuffed with design ideas for her wedding showed me what a great sense of style and taste she has.
I met with Laura several times before Brad came in with her for a view of a sample centerpiece - when I saw them together it was easy to see they just belong together.

Their Downtown Chicago Wedding allowed them many beautiful photo opportunities as a trolley took them around downtown, to Holy Name Cathedral to take their vows and then on to The Millennium Knickerbocker Hotel for a lavish reception.

We had fun with Laura's bridal bouquet and her bridesmaids bouquets. Laura's was a beautiful mix all in white including peony, ranunculus, freesia, calla and phalaenopsis orchids. Each of her bridesmaids carried a bouquet of one of the flowers. It was beautifully symbolic of each of the girls playing an important and unique part in Laura's life.


The Millennium Knickerbocker looked stunning that evening. We filled the cocktail rooms, restrooms and balconies with flowers, transitioning from all white to the striking yellow ballroom. Laura loves a monochromatic style (which I love too). We designed all yellow luxurious arrangements on tall square vases with hanging candles on delicate gold wire.


We chose black satin linens which created a rich backdrop for all the beauty and detail at the Knickerbocker. With pin-spot lighting and the dramatic lighted danced floor a wonderful romantic atmosphere welcomed the bride and groom to their celebration.


Laura called me, much to my surprise, the morning after her wedding to thank me for everything, she had the most wonderful wedding and I love that Gardeenia was a big part in making that happen. Laura recently wrote this wonderful review on The Knot:
"I had an upscale wedding downtown Chicago and used Gardeenia Floral Designs. Laura and the rest of her team from Gardeenia did a fantastic job. I looked into Kehoe Designs and Heffernan Morgan, but chose Gardeenia because of their hands on approach and unique designs. Laura took the time to understand the look I was going for and came up with a lot of phenominal ideas that were completely my style. I would recommend Gardeenia to anyone. They are wonderful to work with!"

BIG NEWS!
Gardeenia Floral Design Studio has opened a second location!
We are now meeting clients in our new Lombard office conveniently located just off of 355 and 88. I'm so excited to be more accessible to our downtown and west and north suburban brides and grooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment